Thursday, July 3, 2014

Making the trek: Leg 2.5 (intermission)

Every now and then my flights time out where I have a little time to kill in San Francisco. This morning, still running three hours early as I'm still on Buffalo time, I got up and walked four blocks down Clay Street to the Ferry Building. There I enjoyed an awesome breakfast from the various farmer market stalls: bold organic coffee with fresh cream, goat cheese and jam on warm challah, a farm fresh egg and pancetta bacon. Do you see what I mean about San Francisco and food?

Then I took the F-line to Fisherman's Wharf, where I walked through a veritable ghost town, as nothing was open. Even the sea lions were on holiday, having gone down to sunnier shores for breeding. Nonetheless, it was lovely taking in sights, sea air, and just walking, as I know I'll be on a plane for twenty hours later on.

I ended my stroll by passing through Fisherman's Grotto and shamelessly sampling chowder. Satisfied that I had eaten my way through the Bay City, I took the F-line back to the Ferry Building, stopped in to see Alfieri, my favorite merchant who sells chocolate covered salted cashews that are worth the flight alone, and back to my room to pack, nap, and catch a shuttle to SFO!

Oh- and one last stop at Amoure Café in the airport for some falafel and Jerusalem salad. NOW I've eaten my way through San Francisco!

Stay tuned for a post on Leg 3: San Francisco to South Korea for a 1 - hour layover, then on to my final destination: the Lion City!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How many visits?